Join the White Ribbon Marketing committee and make a difference
- A woman or child in Canada is being sexually assaulted, every minute of every day
- 51% of women in Canada over the age of 16 have experienced at least one form of mens’ violence against women
- By the age of 12, 1 in 4 girls will experience street harassment in the form of unwanted attention in public. By the age of 19, that number is nearly 90 percent
How would you like to make a real difference – and do something specific to change these numbers for the better? Read on and learn how your skills as an up-and-coming marketer are needed right now.
About White Ribbon
White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end violence against women and girls to promote gender equity, healthy relationships and a new vision of masculinity. Since its inception, the movement has spread to over 60 countries around the world. A Canadian non-profit charity, White Ribbon was a direct response of the Montreal massacre in 1989 at Montreal’s École Polytechnique.
As a result of our success, we are undergoing significant change, and we need assistance.
We are looking for two volunteers to join our Marketing and Communications Sub-Committee – one with a strong design background, and another with a strong account service/strategic pedigree.
This are fantastic opportunities for advertising/marketing folks who are looking to do some good in the world – and add some great experience to their professional resumé. They both offer growth and potential board opportunities down the road.
White Ribbon’s vision:
A future with no violence against women and girls.
White Ribbon’s mission:
Engaging men and boys in the prevention of gender-based violence by promoting gender equality and working to transform harmful and violent aspects of masculinities.
Volunteer Opportunity #1: Design Expertise
What we’re looking for:
- Brand look and feel: Experience creating and applying brand guidelines and documentation
- Design expertise: Strong typography and layout skills
- Creative communicator: Portfolio demonstrating how your design solves communication challenges
Volunteer Opportunity #2: Account Services/Marketing Strategy
What we’re looking for:
- Marketing strategy: You’ve got great command of email, direct, social and content-based marketing strategies and tactics
- Creative brief: You begin every major activity defining the scope of work, and requirements are clearly outlined
- Testing mentality: You love to try new marketing ideas, and love things like A/B testing emails and landing pages
Hands-on expectations for both roles:
- Help audit and build brand standards documentation for White Ribbon, and our new social enterprise Parker P.
- Help build the organization’s go-forward marketing strategy, and provide ad-hoc coaching and executional support for staff
- Actively participate in monthly Marketing Communications Committee Meetings (typically held via conference call and lasting 1 hour in duration)
- Project work as required based on the priorities set as part of this sub-committee
- A minimum 1-year commitment
Interested? Here’s what you need to do
Interested candidates should send an email and resume directly to Joel Marans. Please note only candidates who possess the majority of the requirements listed above will be contacted. Our whole team thanks for your interest in White Ribbon!